No wonder 58 percent of Britons are overweight

January 14th, 2003 § Eight comments

If Jesus died for my sins, he was surely resurrected so I would have an excuse to eat Cadbury’s Creme Eggs every spring. During my childhood, Cadbury’s Creme Eggs were the best thing about Easter; now that I’m an adult heathen, they are the only thing about Easter. They are, to put it mildly, not very good for you, but I would eat Cadbury’s Creme Eggs even if they were found to contain partially hydrogenated baby heads. That’s how much I like them.

Knowing all that, you can imagine how excited I was to discover that in England, you can buy Cadbury’s Creme Eggs from vending machines on the London Underground. A three-pack costs a pound. I managed to limit myself to a single pack, purchased at Paddington station on my way out of the country.

They also do all sorts of wonderful things with white chocolate in England. My favorite was easily the Kit Kat White, which is just a Kit Kat Big Kat with white chocolate instead of milk chocolate. There’s also the Cadbury’s SnowFlake, a crumbly, flaky swirl of white chocolate coated in milk chocolate, and Cadbury’s Dream Snow Bites, which are small candies with a white chocolate coating around a tasty center whose contents escape me at the moment.

Oh, yes, and there was also the Nestle Aero Mint, a milk chocolate bar with minty bubbly things in it. Mmmmmmm.

I wonder if Cadbury’s Creme Eggs are on sale here yet.

Eight comments

• Dumptruck says:

So what’s our excuse?
    I think something like 60% of Americans are overweight, and 30% are obese (BMI of 30 or higher).
    I wonder if Jesus would like Cadbury’s Creme Eggs (What Would Jesus Eat?). I think they’re gross, so maybe you guys could share mine.

• Mica says:

It might not surprise you to find out that the Jews actually killed Jesus in the hopes that his resurrection might be celebrated with sticky, drippy, fun-filled chocolate eggs. Its true, my grandfather told me. It was all just a misunderstanding.

• Steve says:

Cadbury Creme Eggs are already on sale; they’re two for a dollar at Walgreens.
    Basically, they rule.

• jenny says:

I agree I am in love with the Cadbury Eggs. I’m going to go in egg withdraw after Easter. I’m actually thinking of going and buying a whole box just to store in my freezer for when I need that sweet sweet creamy center :D

• linda says:

cadbury creme eggs. my closet shelves, and refrigerator, get overstocked with the eggs, as soon as they appear in the stores!!! after all, i need a year’s supply, or i couldn’t live!

• David says:

does anybody know how to possibly get cadburry eggs from england throughout the year? Somebody please email me and tell me.

• Mike says:

I live in England. I am currently trying to source just 1 Cadbury’s Creme Egg, but to no avail. Apparently they are only sold from 1st Jan to Easter. I NEED A CREME EGG!! HELP!!!

I was in London this past May, and there were still Creme Eggs for sale at a number of corner markets. Perhaps they were Easter leftovers. My only advice is to check around at different markets and see what turns up.

You are currently reading No wonder 58 percent of Britons are overweight at pinchy dot org.