Missing the connection

October 12th, 2004 § Eight comments

I swear to God, if I see another Berkeleyan driving a pickup truck with a “How many lives per gallon?” or “No blood for oil” bumper sticker, I’m going to scream.

Eight comments

• dumptruck says:

I used to get angry when I saw SUVs in Santa Cruz with “Subvert the dominant paradigm” bumper stickers. They ARE the dominant paradigm, dammit.

• Cdawg says:

Don’t hate me because I’m driving a Ford Explorer this weekend to San Diego… :)

• Michael says:

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE about the Berkleyan’s who seem to ride the wave of blood for oil shit……
    don’t forget the asshole who USED TO lob off the heads of both professional educated men AND WOMEN
    when things didn’t go his way ……….
    let’s see here…..his name rhymes with “INSANE”.
    And was found in a hole …..was it ??
    Michael

Perhaps my wording was more subtle than it should have been. I was condemning hypocrisy on the part of truck owners, not endorsing car ownership or war in Iraq. My point was that one should not complain about going to war for oil if one is driving the sort of vehicle that makes such wars necessary.
    (Sometimes I forget that not everyone who stumbles across this site is familiar with my bicycle-riding, Kerry-supporting, wine-swilling, cheese-eating liberal ways.)

• throgers says:

I don’t think that was Michael E. commenting, was it?

Not judging by the email address he left, but damn, that’d be fascinating.

• Mattey says:

All I want to know is whether in the future we will be saying “no blood for corn” when we have run out of petroleum and we are all running our hovercars on vegetable oil.
    BTW, my favorite Bezerekley bumper sticker:
    “my other goddess is whirrles peas that brake for unicorns, hobbits and senseless beauty”
    well, maybe I haven’t seen it, but I am sure that it exisits.

I thought our hovercars would be powered by our own sense of self-satisfaction.

You are currently reading Missing the connection at pinchy dot org.